Pages

Wednesday 30 April 2014

When is a Garden shed not a Garden shed?


Like many we had a rather wet start to 2014.  One of the last casualties still remaining and untouched is my garden.  I'm having trouble motivating myself to go out there and tackle the damage left by it becoming my own private boating lake for a few weeks.  I'm embarrassed to admit that this is my shed...
I'm quite convinced that it is only still standing upright because of the things inside it, holding it up.  I had a lovely garden, trampoline, wendy house, decking, deck chairs, fire pit and everything stored neatly in my lovely shed and then Noah didn't warn us what was about to happen.  I shouldn't moan, I know an awful lot of people are far worse of than us... so we've lost a shed and a wendy house...
Other's lost the inside of their homes.  We were the lucky ones. 

However, with the advent of the dry weather and thoughts turning to relaxing in my garden again, the time has come to demolish the sheds and start again with a clean slate and I've had so much fun imaging just what can go in their place.

There are so many options available now, but my dream shed would be a bolthole from the kids, the TV and my other half.  Who says only men want to escape into their potting sheds. 

My dream...
Lovely wide opening doors, fresh painted colours and space for well.... me!  A cosy area to tap away at my blog, write that book that I'm sure is nestled away inside of me and generally relax.  I already have the space, and the futon chosen, and the desk and the chair... I just need the shed! 
Garden tools and detritus from the old shed can languish in the garage, this time I want space to play and relax.
 
 
Although in my travels on the internet and in dream world, I also found these.. If you are slightly more adventurous than me and my modest wants these are for you.
Buy Farmer's Cottage Rotating Sphere Lounger Online at johnlewis.com
 
I absolutely love the sphere which rotates to move with the sun and shade, but suspect that I might have a fight on my hands to keep that just for me. 
I have a plan to make the outside of my shed look completely uninteresting and even thought about putting a fake front with tools and such like on display with a hidden button to make it slide and reveal my space.  Although I suspect that is outside of my capabilities.
The uses for a garden shed now are endless.  I've seen bars, clubhouses, extra sleeping space for guests, hideaways, saunas, gyms and some people even use them for keeping tools and gardening equipment in.
How would you use yours?
 
 
5x4_2
If I'm lucky my new shed will look like this... large enough for me and small enough to dissuade the rest of my clan from wanting to take it over.  With windows for light and two doors just waiting for me to fill with my goodies.  Perhaps I could even had a wine cooler in there?
You can find this shed at http://www.beastsheds.co.uk   and if like me you have ideas of how you can use it (or any other shed) you might like to enter their competition to win the shed.  Just like I have with this post. 
Beast Sheds 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment