Pages

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Bucket List

On my 21st I made a bucket list of things to do before I hit 40.  Amazingly, despite at the time some of them seeming really far fetched, I accomplished most of them... ok I didn't meet an alien or learn to play the harpischord, but I got to kiss a hollywood film star...
  Christopher Lambert & Adrian Paul.  Yes I know there could be only one highlander, but I happened upon two of them!
 
 
I also got to swim with this dolphin...
 
and had my two beautiful children.
 
So how do I top that...
 
I could wish to adjust Joan Collin's wig, but I've done that too, I could desire to sit in the captains chair of the USS Enterprise, but I've done that now or to wander the streets of Venice on a sunny day.. but as you've probably guessed, I've been there and done that.
 
So for my new updated bucket list of things to accomplish before I die:
 
1.  I'd like to feed flamingos.  They are so pretty, and we've all heard about them getting their colour from the shrimp they eat, so I'd like to feed them different colour food.  If I put purple food colouring in the shrimp could I turn the flamingo's purple??
 
 
2. I want to spend the night in Dracula's castle in Transylvania.  Romania is such a beautiful country and I'm a huge fan of all things vampire.  I'd love to spend a few days wandering around Bucharest, which is still on my wish list before heading into the mountains and preparing to be scared. 
 
 
3. I'd like to be brave enough before I shuffle off this mortal coil to tell people what I really think of them.  Most of my friends are a very small circle who I love, admire and trust.  I also have a large group of acquaintances, whether that be through work, social clubs or just because they appeared on my facebook timeline.  Some of these are truly wonderful people, who I am glad to know, but like everyone there are a few, just a few, who drive me insane, annoy me with their habits or generally I just don't like. I'd love to have the strength of my convictions to just tell them that they grate on me, that I don't care what they ate for dinner, what colour their neighbours cat is or that they found the latest episode of neighbours really exciting.  I'm so caught up in being nice and squashing down my inner beast that I smile politely, while listening to their inane drivel or reading their umpteenth post about nothing that interests me.  So I'm guessing like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz my last bucket list wish would be to brave enough to do it!
 
Something tells me that I may die with only having done two of these..........
 
I've written this blog post after reading this one from Life of a Digital Girl, where Legal & General are asking for the top three things in your bucket list.  It was really difficult sticking to just the top three as I thought about it there were so many things I've not accomplished yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment